Production Blog: Editing


^ I promise my editing is not that intricate.

 

This blog will be pretty straight to the point. I didn't make a lot of significant progress with my editing just yet. Nonetheless, here is what I did so far.

First, I of course logged into Capcut to make a new project. Annoyingly, my phone was overloaded in storage, so before I could get further into editing, I had to clear my phone. Either it was me, or the fact that iPhones profit off of extra storage, it was a long process.

 I put the scenes in sequential order. I started from the outside shot to the backyard scene. The scenes where it rapidly switched from me speaking to my inner voice were difficult to put in proper order. I kept getting the order confused and overthinking it. After looking back at my storyboard, I decided to go with the flow. After all, I could fix it later. If I woke up late in the middle of the night to realize my mistake, only I would really know.

Don't be like me.

After putting the shots and scenes where they needed to be, I set up the tone of the film.

Choosing which style of dark lighting filter I wanted to use in my film was an important decision for defining the tone and atmosphere. I debated between filters that highlighted deep shadows and those that blurred light to create a spooky atmosphere. Each filter had a unique aesthetic, ranging from dramatic contrasts to a soft, ethereal glow, which influenced the emotional impact of each scene. Given the story's themes and character relationships, I sought a filter to heighten the sense of mystery and tension while maintaining visual clarity.

 After careful thinking, I chose a filter that blended darkness and illumination, engaging visuals that complemented the story.

Till next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AICE Media CCR