Production Blog: Re-Doing



 One of the critics I was given was my text. The previous font was "too thin" for the story. The first I didn't get that, what exactly did "too thin" even mean. In my hesitance, I disagreed, but after watching the opening multiple times I started to understand what they were saying. I guess when you rewatch the same clip for over 5 hours, everything starts to look the same. So instead, I chose "Typer" as my font instead of "Honest". After doing so, I can admit that the whole thing looks better.

The next advice was to add sound effects and cut off the background noise. I didn't really know how to do that, luckily the student showed me. They clicked on the "reduce noise" option on Cap Cut and suddenly you couldn't hear my extremely loud AC in the background. Honestly, I was hoping it would've blended into the background, but I guess not. With this reduced noise I can hear myself clearer and adding sound effects wouldn't be a problem. If the AC noise was reduced to zero, the sound effects wouldn't get meddled. The critic suggested taking out the Lo-fi music and suggested I use CapCut's given soundtrack, considering they offered good options. I was doubtful of course, as much as I liked capcut, I feared they would give me commercial sounds. Of course, I was right in a sense, but if you dig a little deeper, you could find nice tunes. Choosing this route allowed me to clear my phone a long soundtracks that caused my phone to buffer.

I picked a creepy soundtrack that plays for most of the video. Doing so, the eerie feeling never fully disappears, even in the stale moments. Next, I added beats of drums. I know that sounds dumb, but if I did my research, and turns out drums can create scary vibes. I have to say, listening to peers can really bring up the quality of a work. Of course, I'm only getting started.

Till next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AICE Media CCR