Production Blog: Editing

 

^ This is what my iPhone and I felt like editing in the middle of the night.

Since I've gotten the major parts of editing down, it was time to go into finer detail. The first step was putting in the text. Since I had the honor of self-producing, I can officially claim to be an indie producer. Indie, is short for independent. Plus signing everything with my name.

For every scene, I gladly plastered my name in bold red text. My insides smiled in pride and joy knowing that little ol' me did something like this. 

Onwards.

Sometimes I wanted to put the test in negative space, but sometimes it fell on my face. This irritated me until I had the bright idea to incorporate some of those titles into the scene. Like, making it part of the scene instead of it lying on the screen if that makes sense. I mean there was only so much Cap Cut can handle and offer without a premium. Despite these faults, I tried to make it work. For most of the transitions of these titles, I tried several transitions.

In & Out? Basic but effective.

Fading In and Fading Out? Can come off a little tacky but if done right...

Twirling in? Absolutely not. Imagine watching 'IT' and the titles just twirled in like a Looney Tunes intro.

Typing? Yawn, done before.

I went for fade in and out because it was the best option I've seen that didn't have premium etched next to the name. Screw Capcut for falling into capitalism. Screw Premium.

I input some creappy music, that Lofi somehow fit well into and logged out. From there, I patted myself on the back and waited for my peer review that I would suffer later on. For now, I'm feeling accomplished.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AICE Media CCR