Production Bog: Re-done The Final



 


 Cheers to the final blog before the finale. Here, I will cover the last few changes I made. Beforehand, when I did the voice-over, I cringed using my own voice. Instead, I played with the voice effects. There were no other good options so I used the deep voice. It turned my voice to feminine to this mechanical-sounding thing. OF course, I was inspired by "SCREAM", but I couldn't get it to replicate the original. In turn, I was left with this sci-fi voice that just didn't fit. It didn't help that I voiced my lines unnaturally. The critic told me to instead, use my natural voice and just wing the lines on the spot. Their argument was that if this voice was a reflection of the character, then shouldn't it be the character's voice? Yes, this hurt my feelings, but I understood where he was coming from. I sounded like a 17th-century android.

 Following the advice, I took off the voice effect and ignored the script. I said what I felt like needing to say in the moment, and it flowed much smoother. Once I listened back after editing, it came much more naturally.

Discovering this really got my creative juices flowing. I wanted to add more depth to the 1 minute and 56 seconds of a story. So in the beginning I gave a hint of what was to come in a voice-over. Just like how movies and shows give an introduction or spoiler about said show or film. You can see him in 'Criminal Minds or the 'Avatar the Last Airbender'. In the beginning, I tell the viewer that I am not and will never be the hero. This hints at the darker mood the character inhabits. I feel like it made the message of the opening easier to deliver.

The final change was the text at the end. Concerning to new voiceover in the beginning, I wanted to conclude the message that if you are not the hero, nor the victim, what are you? Either the bystander or the villain. In bully culture, the bystander is also considered the villain, but nonetheless, I was the villain. In a big and bold font, I stated this. "I am the villain" in the conclusion of the opening sequence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AICE Media CCR